Hobby-hacking Eric

2006-08-14

eric shuts up at last (and dreams of tidyness)

Alright, I'm going to put my foot down and force myself to take the thesis more seriously. This means you should be
  1. seeing me posting only before my 22:00 bedtime (eh... oops)
  2. not be hearing from me as much (yay!).


reorganising our stuff


I wonder what it would look like if somebody got down to it and started tidying up the darcs hierarchy... I think I've talked about this, like, a year ago, but somebody on the channel (wisely) said that we should wait until the conflictors stuff is finished... Hmm... but hypothetically, what would it look like? Maybe something like this?

Darcs.Support
.Arguments
.Flags
Darcs.Command (formerly DarcsCommand)
.Add
.Get
.Record
Darcs.Repository (as in Darcs/Repository.lhs)
.DarcsRepo
.GitRepo
Darcs.Patch
.Info
.Match
Darcs.Util
.External
.FilePath
.IsoDate


Darcs.Support sounds pretty stupid, but I don't know what else I'd call it. Basically for stuff which supports the Darcs.Command stuff (maybe it'd just go under Darcs, as in, Darcs.Arguments). This isn't the only way to do it, of course. Somebody else might have a better idea... but whatever way we choose, it'll be a lot nicer than what we have now. A bit more approachable, anyway.


1 comment:

kowey said...

Oops! Somebody on #darcs suggested I repost this with the 'darcs' label so that it would be easier to find. Sorry about the noise.