Hobby-hacking Eric

2006-02-24

In preparation for my FOSDEM learn-about-conflictors mission, I am trying to catch up on patch theory stuff by reading this paper:

darcs get http://darcs.net/darcs-patch-theory
cd theory
make paper.ps

Now this is a fine example of literate haskell, where the literacy actually helps you understand what's going on, much more than it gets in the way of the code. Maybe it's also because some things are more suited to the literate way of programming than others, and this is one of them.

Oh yeah, dabbled with the ssh stuff. Think I had made more progress than I orginally thought; just hadn't noticed because I had not written the code to actually use the control master instead of just launching it, so of course, I was typing my password a gazillion times and not understanding why I couldn't connect. Silly me. Not done yet, but I'm a bit more optimistic now.


No comments: